A Programming Model-Centric Debugger: mcGDB¶
mcGDB is a GDB+Python implementation of Programming-Model Centric Debugging, from Kevin Pouget's PhD thesis work.
mcGDB has a modular architecture, that can be extended to support new programming models and environments:
- mcgdb module provides a set of generic tools, abstractions, and interaction mechanisms that can (and should) be reused to implement model-specific sub-modules.
- mcgdb.model holds the model-specific submodules. Currently, we
- mcgdb.model.task.environments.openmp: our current target (still in
- OpenMP programming environment
- mcgdb.model.gpu: module for kernel-based GPU programming, with two environment support:
- mcgdb.model.task: module for programming models based on interconnected tasks, with two P2012 environments (outdated):
- mcgdb.model.task.environments.openmp: our current target (still in development):
- Performance evaluation of mcGDB.
- Extending mcGDB
- Supporting a New Programming Model and its Environment
- Loading a Programming-Model Support
- Common use-case
- mcGDB Extension Development Methodology
- mcGDB Module for OpenMP
Documentation generated on Jul 01, 2016 from git-master/858d22a.