Internal Breakpoints in mcGDB2016-06-30
mcGDB current information capture mechanism relies on internal breakpoints set during the initialization.
An internal breakpoint is a breakpoint that does not not necessarily stop the execution flow.
As we can see in the animation below,
- During the initialization, several internal breakpoints are set (slides 1-3)
- The user gives the order to start the execution. The order is transmitted down to the execution platform. (slide 4)
- During the initialization of the environment, the internal breakpoints are triggered (slides 5, 8, 11, 12, 14, 16)
- In reaction to these breakpoint hits,
mcgdbupdates its internal representation (slides 6, 9, 11, 12, 14)
- And continues silently the execution …
- … until an event interesting the user happens (slide 16).